The New Moon is a monthly clean slate. Like with a New Year, it's a chance to check in, self reflection + make intentions for the next cycle (but on a micro level).
Intentions focus on feelings. How do you want to feel? What actions are in support of that feeling?
If you're not sure, it’s important to make time and space to get perspective and clarity. New moon rituals are a great way to get clear on what you want + need.
6 Step New Moon Ritual
- Choose a time + place.
- Ideally, you should complete your ritual on the even of the new moon or the night after. Pick a time when you have 20-30 minutes to yourself and a place in your home you can get comfy.
- Turn on your favorite high vibrational playlist. Light a candle. I use one of the affirmation candles and crystals that I'm vibing with at the moment. Make the space inviting. Then gather your journal, pen + maybe a light snack.
- Start your meditation with breath work + clear your mind. Then envision yourself: where do you want to be, who do you want to be, how do you want to feel at the end of the month.
- Open your eyes. Continue to ask yourself questions like how do you feel right now vs how do you want to feel; what do you want to continue to work on and grow; what do you need? Write your answers down in your journal until it feels complete.
- I like to end my rituals with a bath. But you can eat something, take a walk, do some yoga. The purpose to do something grounding as you move with confidence of the intentions you have just set.
The beautiful thing about rituals is that you can tailor it to your lifestyle + what resonates best with your spirit.